I’ll forever be grateful for the home I grew up in. I was raised to see there is a world of opportunity available and my mom demonstrated that with action and a plan I could pursue it. At 40 years old she started her ‘big kid job’ and followed her dream. Today, we at Vision are still going strong and continue to function through that same growth mindset; a space where we believe in and look for the good. We don’t stop when faced with adversity, rather, we make conscious choices. We control what we can and we own what we can and in doing so, we head down the path to success vs the path to survival. We live in a world of abundance, not scarcity.
Let’s keep the stories going…
- D started in position with us but after 3 days we had to pull him from the job bc of improper ID’s for the I9. We kept in touch with him and walked him through the process – he took the action steps needed. Once everything came in the mail, he was able to return – it’s a good thing he did because our customer just hired him on! He continues to call us to chat and thank us for the opportunity…that’s funny, because HE was the one that made a conscious choice. Go you, D!
- Matt has been driving for many years, working odd and long hours. He missed his family. Had gone through a divorce. He decided that was enough. He was willing to take less pay and work a job that was 9-5 so he could be more present with his family. His communication and kindness have really stood out. He loves his job, and he chooses good. Thanks Matt!
- Michael came to us from a tough family life. He needed to support both his mom and grandma. His kindness and big heart really stood out. We had genuinely hoped that he would be a dedicated and reliable employee. After a few hiccups at the start, and despite not being the fastest out there, he comes to work every day with a great attitude, he is kind, and he works HARD to do what is good. Michael, thanks for making conscious choices!
- I asked someone on our team what he loves about his job – and he said that he loves talking to the people who don’t need to work, but choose to work because they find it edifying. He’s inspired by their growth mindset, and I am too.
Today was day 2 of our Appreciation event shenanigans and it was a ton of fun! As I explored this space today I had negative thoughts creep in – and I work hard to fiercely protect my self-talk! These emails are a lot of sharing and emotions all poured out into the black hole of the internet and it definitely puts me WAY outside my comfort zone! I challenge you to join me in an exercise whenever you think of it:
- “I can’t” with “I won’t”
- “I have to” with “I choose to”
See you all tomorrow, in Rogers at our event – right?! 🙂
Merry Christmas to you and yours,