Check out our 12 Days of Christmas Stories + GIVEAWAYS!! Like, share or leave a comment to be entered to win a gift card from some of our favorite local businesses: Spyhouse Coffee Roasters, Diamonds Coffee Shop, Stranger & Co., Six for Good, Love That Olive, Bolundo Empanadas, St. Michael Cinema, and Malmborg’s Garden Center and Greenhouse!!
In addition to our #supportlocal prize giveaways…. “On the 11th Day of Giveaways, we give to you in glee, an IPAD & The Vision Companies GEAR!” We’re picking 11 winners, each receiving 1 gift with a total combined value of $900!! (details below)
Day 11: Connection
We all come from different walks of life; different backgrounds and experiences enrich who we are as individuals and being able to share that with one another to grow and learn truly enhances our lives. That’s what we’re doing daily, and although it’s often overlooked in the chaos of the go go go or the drive to hit goals or crush numbers – it IS what makes the world go round. Connection to one another.
- We found Zed’s resume online, he replied with interest and we connected. Turns out he played college sports and he and his recruiter were able to relate. He talked about how he coaches soccer now and knows the importance of reliability and good communication through coaching. He recently started working and his recruiter is thrilled to see him soar, stating: “These kind of connections – open, honest, respectful, are what make this job so enjoyable!”
- I met with Jade, she was transitioning out of the teaching world into the business world – she wasn’t totally sure but genuinely interested in exploring. From the moment we connected it felt right, the trust and engagement was there from both of us, I learned a lot from her and I like to think she learned a tad from me. She hit the interview out of the park – she was even more prepared than her interviewer at our client! She hit the ground running and hasn’t looked back, we still joke about that first interview too!
- This year an employee said he feels like he never sees us and misses us….it was a great pause. So we showed up with donuts “Vision Staffing ‘digs’ you, ‘donut’ you forget!” and gave high fives all around 😊
- Wendy was working for a couple weeks and hadn’t received a check, upon further investigation, she had an error in her account number for direct deposit – but a couple weeks without a check is tough! We quickly printed a check for her to stop by and grab and wouldn’t you know it, her car batter died on her way in to see us. This bandaid check wasn’t going to be enough to keep her working the rest of the week. Our team leapt into action and we figured out a way to get her a bigger advance, her recruiter ran to the office to get the check (COVID has us at home), and met up with Wendy to make sure she had it in hand. Together we can all do great things.
- Radley worked for us this summer, it took a little bit of creativity to get him the job, but it was well worth it once he did! He also referred us to his friend and now recently his sister. He sends a text with their name and we don’t waste a moment – why? Because if Radley was impressive in the work place, surely his friends are impressive too. These real life connections, the trust formed, the shared respect for one another, this is the magic that is the people business….recruiting 😊
Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Please like, share, or comment on this story to be entered in our giveaway EACH DAY for 12 days!! All our giveaway prizes are purchased from over 40 local businesses and are valued at over $6,500! Winners will be announced each morning starting on Thursday, December 10th
Participants must be 18 years of age or older, winners are chosen at random if participant has either liked, shared or commented on post; giveaway is void where prohibited, Facebook and Instagram is not associated with or endorse this giveaway.
#thevisioncompanies #12daysofchristmas #12daysofchristmasgiveaways #12daysofchristmasstories #sixforgood #lovethatolive #bolundoempanadas #diamondscoffee #stranger&co #st.michaelcinema #malmborgsgardencenter #sphyhousecoffeeroasters #graditudetrain #weappreicateyou #wethankyou #supportlocal